I received this book from Janet M. Perry (the author) for review. She's the Internet’s expert on needlepoint and counted
thread. Her books, stitch guides, ebooks and online classes explore
exciting new uses for this new, old craft. She puts into practice her
motto to make needlepoint fast, fun and affordable. Janet is offering a 20% discount until the end of November...to get the discount, purchase Bargello Revisited from her Etsy page and enter the discount code BARGTHANKS at check out.
Bargello Revisited contains over 30 projects that are suitable for all stitchers. Whether you're new to stitching or an expert, you'll love this book. You'll learn the secrets of the fastest, easiest and most creative form of needlepoint inside this book. You'll learn:
- How to stitch Bargello.
- How to solve those nagging problems you may have had in the past...and how to prevent them from the start.
- How to use any kind of thread for Bargello and how to recognize the ones which work in hard wearing places.
- How to create your own unique color schemes based on clothing, home decor or threads.
- How to make over 30 different projects ranging from a cell phone or iPod case to stitcher's accessories.
- How to find your own patterns and templates to create unique projects.
Janet has been stitching Bargello for almost 40 years, and she brings a lifetime of knowledge and ideas to this book, which is by far the most comprehensive Bargello book in print today. It's more than just a book of projects...Bargello Revisited will give you the tools you need to create some of the most exciting needlepoint around. Bargello is relaxing, inexpensive, portable and every piece is unique. It can be done anywhere, and all you need is a blank piece of canvas, a needle and the thread of your choice.
Every project is pictured in color, along with charts for every pattern, and there are templates that can be used to create even more projects. The reference information includes contact information for all the threads used, finishing products manufacturers, a bibliography of great books about Bargello and a if you become a Bargello enthusiest, there's a listing of projects available from many companies and teachers. This is an inspiring, complete and fun book that will introduce you to a whole new world of needlepoint.