I received these books from Rocky Nook for review. If you're looking for a nice Father's Day gift for your Dad, these books are perfect for the Dad who loves to draw or travel and take pictures.
The Art & Science of Drawing by Brent Eviston ($29.95): Drawing is not a talent, it’s a skill anyone can learn. This is the philosophy of drawing instructor Brent Eviston based on his more than twenty years of teaching. He has tested numerous types of drawing instruction from centuries old classical techniques to contemporary practices and designed an approach that combines tried and true techniques with innovative methods of his own. Now, he shares his secrets with this book that provides the most accessible, streamlined and effective methods for learning to draw. Taking the reader through the entire process, beginning with the most basic skills to more advanced such as volumetric drawing, shading and figure sketching, this book contains numerous projects and guidance on what and how to practice. It also features instructional images and diagrams, as well as finished drawings. With this book and a dedication to practice, anyone can learn to draw!
The Travel Photography Book by Scott Kelby ($29.95): Learn how to take professional quality photographs when you travel, using the same tricks that today’s top photographers use! If you’ve ever dreamed of making such incredible travel photos that when your friends and family see them they say, “Wait a minute, this is your photo!? You took this?” then you’re holding the right book. Scott Kelby, award winning travel photographer and author of the best selling digital photography book in history, shares all his secrets and time tested techniques as he discusses everything from his go to essential travel gear, to camera settings, to how to research before your trip, to the travel photography techniques that will help you capture truly captivating images on your trip.
Among many other topics, you’ll learn:
- • What makes a great travel photo (including what to shoot and what to skip).
- • Which lenses and accessories will get you the best results (including when to use them and why).
- • How to post process your images in Lightroom or Photoshop to get incredible results.
- • Tips for getting great portraits of the locals and even how to get them to pose for your shots.
- • When it makes more sense to use your cell phone’s camera instead.
- • Travel photo recipes that show you the ingredients for creating specific types of travel shots.
- • How to compose your travel images, how to keep your gear safe when
traveling and a ton of killer tips to help you create better travel
images and make your entire trip that much more fun.
It’s all here. Scott doesn’t hold anything back in this groundbreaking book that will help you take the type of travel images you’ve always dreamed of. There’s never been a travel photography book like it!
Post a Comment